2007年7月19日木曜日

My Favorite movie


One of my favorite movies is ‘Totoro’. It is famous Japanese animation. Direction of it is Hayao Miyazaki, who made a lot of movies and they have been very famous.
‘Totoro’ was released in 1988. Main characters are Totoro which lives in forest since ancient, Satsuki who is 11-year-old girl, and Mei who is 4-year-old girl. Satsuki and Mei are sisters and moved a house near the forest where Totoro has lived with father. Their mother is sick and has entered a hospital so they think abundant nature around the house helps her health to recover.
They adjusted to new life and felt comfortable it. Then, Satsuki and Mei met Totoro. Only children meet Totoro. Totoro is very big and kind and gave them nuts and helped Satsuki when Mei got lost. They liked Totoro and could learn many things from Totoro.
My favorite scene of it is that Satsuki, Mei, Totoro, and mini Totoros go up a big tree by taking a top and blow ocarinas. This scene is heartwarming and makes me relaxed and this scene’s music is very good.
I wanted to see Totoro very much when I was a child, so I looked for Totoro at mountain behind my grandparents’ house, however, I can’t find Totoro. I know Totoro is a character in the movie but I believe Totoro exist. There are few people who can meet Totoro.
I think ‘Totoro’ is masterpiece. Most of people in Japan have watched it and feel it is good because its story, music, and tone of color are nice, I think. They combine to make it attractive and famous.
I can enjoy seeing and hearing ‘Totoro’ so I like watching it and want to watch it again and again.